If you are interested in any of these roles, please email HR@cabgwynedd.cymru for more information,
Applicants with experience giving advice have a significant advantage so if you are considering a career in the field, why not volunteer? Read on…
Volunteering with Gwynedd Citizens Advice
You don’t need any specific advice experience for any of our volunteering roles. You will need to be good with people and enthusiastic about helping others, including those whose experiences differ from yours, and be 18 or over. Volunteers come from all walks of life, helping us to do our very best to support your local community. You’ll be fully trained and supported, you’ll build your skills, experience and confidence, and you will help people in our community. As you develop your experience you will be able to effectively support our clients at the first point of contact, representing and working closely with more vulnerable clients on issues which they may find difficult to cope with without help. Volunteers help our clients online, over the phone or face to face, to explore the issues that they need help with and find the information they need to solve their problems. Here are some examples of what our current volunteers do for our clients:
- Support them in filling out paperwork
- Look through bills to ensure they are correct
- Support clients with accessing information on the internet
- Negotiate with companies to reduce debts
- Ensure they are getting all benefits they are entitled to – including assisting them in the application process
- Ensure they have their statutory rights in the workplace
- Give advice on reducing energy consumption
- Support them with any housing issues they may have and informing them of their rights
- Give clients information on the choices available to them and support them in reaching an informed decision
- Support them in making complaints, including writing letters
Our volunteering roles are designed to fit with different interests and availability. If you have a minimum of 3-4 hours available, at least one day per week, then we would love to hear from you.
No prior experience is necessary in these areas as we offer comprehensive training and you will have support from experienced, supportive, and knowledgeable staff at all times.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds, including Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) volunteers, disabled volunteers, volunteers with physical and mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary volunteers, to join our service. All our volunteers need to work within the aims, principles and policies of Citizens Advice.
By volunteering with Citizens Advice you’ll:
- make a real difference to people’s lives and have a positive impact on your community
- learn about a range of issues that affect our clients
- build on valuable skills such as communication and problem solving
- meet new people from a range of backgrounds
- enhance your employability skills
If you would like to apply or have an informal discussion with someone from our training team, please contact us by emailing email@example.com