As well as giving general advice, Gwynedd Citizens Advice is funded to run a number of different projects to give advice on the following;
• Specialist debt advice and financial capability;
• Specialist benefit advice such as claiming and appealing decisions;
• Specialist benefit advice for children with disabilities;
• Advice on claiming Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction;
• Advice for in-patients and out-patients with mental health problems;
• Advice on how to reduce energy costs and how to get the best energy deals.
We are also fortunate to have funding from The Big Lottery to meet the advice needs of rural Gwynedd and more information about the project and details of the sessions to be held are here.
To meet the needs of people living in the most deprived areas of Gwynedd, we are funded by the Communities First programme to have two advisers based in these areas to give general advice in the first instance. To see if you are eligible for assistance under this programme, click here.
We provide preventative advice and assistance under the Families First programme in relation to debts, benefits, housing and returning to work or training for the people of Gwynedd to avoid the need for intervention from Statutory Services. For more information on how to receive assistance under the programme or to refer on, click here.